The Shoof Walkease hoof rasp uses the same blade and cutting action as well-known wood working rasps. Blade is 40mm x 60mm, mounted in a plastic handle. A very useful tool for finishing the hoof prior to application of Walkease. Length 18cm o.a.
Procedure for use is:
1. Treat the damaged claw as required.
2. Use the rasp to clean and level the healthy claw.
3. Apply glue sparingly to the walkease block (maximum 2ml).
4. Press the block onto the hoof for about 10 seconds.
5. Immediately release the leg for the cow to put weight on the Walkease. (This part is most important)
A handy template tool to use when hoof trimming dairy hooves to try to achieve the optimal natural hoof shape.
1. To check correct sole to hoof wall angle.
2. To check correct toe length.
3. To check claw depth.
4. To check correct plane of soles.
Instructions are included with the Claw Checker.